New year, new beginnings! January saw several companies come forward to celebrate the New Year with the children of Sai Krushna Vidya Mandir. Employees from Dell came and interacted with all the school children on Friday. They shared useful information regarding computers, current insights and also played a thought-provoking riddle game with them.
All the school students received a warm blanket, from the senior employees of CanFin Bank to start the New Year on a warm note.
The Saturday volunteering activities resumed with gusto as the State Government announced Board Exams for the students of classes 5 and 8 along with Class 10. Special sessions were started to help the weaker students, especially from these classes, in an attempt to help them prepare for the pre-boards and board exams.
The pre-primary students, along with the teachers celebrated a colourful Sankranthi, the harvest festival. The children enjoyed several activities such as pot painting. The teachers also gave the tiny tots a sweet surprise by making kites for them to fly at school.
Republic day was really special as many of our students were recognised for outstanding achievements in the following competitions:
- Kalam space challenge: Sai Krushna Vidya Mandir school won the ALL INDIA 1ST Rank for their project SAI CHANDRA- a lunar habitat This was after 4 rounds of screening and evaluation by the Indian Institute of Aeronautics Astronautics and Aviation(IAAA). The project is a detailed treatise on how to set up human habitation on the moon. Done under the guidance of @Sairam Rangarajan Dr ISRO ( Dr Rangarajan) and Shabina Madam, the four students have excelled and done the school proud. This is what IAAA wrote to us:
“Dear Team, We are extremely delighted to announce that your team has won the Kalam Space Challenge. Your proposal titled ” Mission: Saichandra A Lunar Habitat Proposal” was very impressive and has successfully topped all 4 rounds. It is a great honour to greet your team.”
This is a unique achievement which will also be recognized in a public function organised by IAAA later this year.
- Inspire Manek Scholarship: This is a central govt sponsored coveted scholarship for outstanding ideas. Three of our students have won scholarships to the tune of 10,000/- per year, which will extend to even higher levels of education.
The 3 winning students had provided very creative ideas related to:
- Railway track CCTV-based monitoring and surveillance,
- Prevention of damage in case of road accidents, and,
- Cost-effective thermal jackets.
- Putaani Vignana Math competition:
Nearly 9000 schools across the country took part. 3 of our students won recognition at the National level, 3 at the State level and 5 at district level for excellent performance.
- Chintana Science competition:
One student won state recognition and 6 at State level in this contest.
- Chintana art competition:
Ten students won district-level recognition.
All of this has been possible due to Swami’s grace, blessings of elders, consistent efforts of school teachers, and the tremendous support of mentors and well-wishers.